Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Preparation time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 1 hour 15 minutes
- 750g peeled potatoes - chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - peeled
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 0.5g dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons OXO Chicken Reduced Salt Stock Granules
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan oven), 200°C (conventional oven) or gas mark 4.
- Put a baking tray with olive oil into the preheated oven.
- Cover the potatoes in cold, salted water and bring to the boil.
- Cook on a low simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain, return to the pan, put the lid on and give the pan a good shake (this should rough up the edges of the potatoes to help make them nice and crispy when roasted).
- Add the thyme, rosemary, garlic, oregano and OXO Chicken Stock Granules and mix well to ensure the potatoes are well covered with stock.
- Carefully remove the baking tray and add the potatoes, carefully coating with the hot oil. Return to the oven and cook for approximately 1 hour, turning them occasionally until they are nicely brown and crisp.
Cook's tip: it's nice to match the OXO used to whichever dish you are serving the potatoes with e.g. Beef OXO if you are having roast beef.
You can replace the OXO Chicken Reduced Salt Stock Granules with:
- 2 teaspoons of OXO Vegetable or Beef Reduced Salt Stock Granules
- 2 OXO Chicken, Beef or Vegetable Stock Cubes
||Per Portion (382g)
|of which sugars
|of which saturates
|* An adult's guideline daily amount (GDA) for calories is 2000 kcal