- Preparation time:
- 30 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 20 - 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g beef mince
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 1 medium carrot - diced
- 100g swede - diced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 500ml water
- 3-4 teaspoons OXO Beef Reduced Salt Stock Granules
- Approximately 750g mashed potato for topping
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan oven), 200°C (conventional oven) or gas mark 4.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the beef until it is lightly browned.
- Add the onions, carrots and swede and cook on a low to medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for a minute, stirring well to make sure the flour is all mixed in.
- Add the tomato puree, then the water and OXO Beef Reduced Salt Stock Granules.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a low simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Put the meat base mixture into a casserole dish and cover with a layer of mashed potato.
- Cook for approx 20-30 mins.
Cook's tip: You can replace the OXO Beef Reduced Salt Stock Granules with:
- OXO Beef Stock Cubes crumbled in at the same stage
||Per Portion (488g)
|of which sugars
|of which saturates
|* An adult's guideline daily amount (GDA) for calories is 2000 kcal