- Preparation time:
- 20 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled and crushed
- 175g Arborio risotto rice
- 1 glass white wine
- 2 OXO Reduced Salt Chicken Cubes made up in 450ml boiling water
- 200g cooked diced chicken
- A handful of green beans or asparagus or peas or broad beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- A handful of Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and cook on a medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in 175g Arborio risotto rice. Add the wine and cook for a few minutes (constantly stirring) until most of the liquid has absorbed.
- Add a third of the OXO Reduced Salt Chicken stock, simmer and keep stirring until all the stock has been absorbed.
- Add another third of the stock, and continue to cook in the same way.
- Finally, add 200g sliced cooked chicken, a handful of chopped green beans, peas or asparagus and remaining stock.
- Simmer until all the stock has been absorbed, stirring throughout. Once you have added the wine, the cooking should take approximately 18 minutes. If all the liquid has been absorbed before this time, add some extra water and continue to cook. If it looks like the risotto is going to have too much liquid after the cooking time is up, turn up the heat a little.
- At the end of cooking, stir in the basil. Taste the rice to ensure that it is cooked. It should retain a little 'bite'. You can continue cooking for a few minutes more if it is not cooked enough.
- When the rice is cooked to your taste, turn off the heat and cover pan with a lid.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then stir through some fresh Parmesan cheese before serving.
Cook's tip: You can replace the OXO Reduced Salt Chicken Stock Cubes with:
- 3 teaspoons of OXO Chicken Reduced Salt Stock Granules in 450ml water
||Per Portion (382g)
|of which sugars
|of which saturates
|* An adult's guideline daily amount (GDA) for calories is 2000 kcal