Chunky Chicken, Potato & Sweetcorn Soup
- Preparation time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 25 minutes
Suitable for freezing
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, chopped into small chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 250g potatoes, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 2 OXO chicken stock cubes
- 100g canned or frozen sweetcorn
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, blended with 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan, brushing it over the surface. Add the chicken chunks, frying them for 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Add the onion, leek, potatoes and 1 litre (1 3/4 pints) of water to the saucepan. Crumble in the 2 OXO chicken stock cubes and bring up to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the sweetcorn and cook gently for 2-3 minutes. Stir the blended cornflour and add it to the soup, stirring until thickened. Add the parsley, season to taste, then ladle into warm bowls and serve at once.
Cook's tip: You could use leftover cooked chicken if you like, adding it to the soup after the potatoes have cooked.
||Per Portion (378g)
|of which sugars
|of which saturates
|* An adult's guideline daily amount (GDA) for calories is 2000 kcal