- Preparation time:
- 20 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 1.5 - 2 hours
- 500g beef braising steak diced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 small onions - roughly diced
- 2 OXO Beef Stock Cubes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 medium carrots - diced
- 5-6 mushrooms quartered
- 450ml boiling water
- 1 glass red wine (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150°C (fan oven), 170°C (conventional oven) or gas mark 3.
- Dust the beef with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and then brown the beef for a few minutes.
- Place beef in a casserole dish, and then add the diced onions to the frying pan, fry until they start to colour and then add to the beef.
- Crumble the OXO Beef Stock Cubes into the beef and add the tomato puree with the carrots, mushrooms, water and glass of red wine (optional).
- Cover casserole dish and cook for 1.5 - 2 hours, until beef is tender.
Cook's tip: You can replace the OXO Beef Stock Cubes with:
- 3 teaspoons of OXO Beef Reduced Salt Stock Granules.